Invest in New Gutter Installation by Homesouth Roofing
Your home’s gutters direct rain and stormwater away from your roof and foundation. When your gutters are poorly maintained, installed improperly, or damaged, they don’t divert water as effectively, which can cause problems like flooding, water damage, mold, and mildew growth. At Homesouth Roofing, our experienced professionals have years of experience in gutter services. We specialize in gutter maintenance and gutter installation in Montgomery, AL. Whether you’ve just moved into a new home, are preparing your home for sale, or need routine gutter services, we’re standing by, ready to help.
Understand the Role & Importance of Gutters
Most homeowners are so used to seeing gutters on their home’s exterior that they might never even think about the important role that gutters play. If you live in an area prone to heavy rains, wind, and snow, your home’s gutters are incredibly important in protecting your home. Gutters collect and divert water off your home’s roof and away from its foundation. Your home’s gutter system is essential to the home’s safety, appearance, and structural integrity. In addition to preventing water damage and flooding, gutters preserve your yard and even your neighbor’s property during heavy storms. If you have a healthy green lawn, expensive landscaping, or trees and bushes you want to protect; you’ll appreciate having gutters that prevent soil erosion and flooding.
Learn About the Dangers of Poor Gutter Maintenance
Gutter maintenance includes cleaning out your gutters, inspecting them for damage, and repairing defects quickly before they become bigger and more serious. When gutters become clogged or broken, every part of your home is in danger, from top to bottom. Here’s a quick look at the dangers of poor gutter maintenance and avoiding gutter repairs:
Stormwater can pool up on your roof without gutter maintenance and cleaning. Over time, this will cause roof rot, leaks, water damage, mold and mildew growth, a sagging roof or ceiling, and structural damage. Leaves, branches, and other organic materials will accumulate in your gutters and roof, providing the perfect nesting material for animals and insects. Finally, poor gutter maintenance increases the risk of health and safety issues associated with animal droppings and mold spores entering your home.
Broken, clogged, or sagging gutters will also affect your home's exterior siding. When water isn't diverted properly away from your siding, it will cause black streaks along the siding. You'll also eventually see mold and mildew growth. Water damage can affect the structural integrity of the siding and cause it to rot, separate, peel or break off, and crack. Because the siding protects your house, broken siding means water can infiltrate your home, causing bigger and costlier problems.
Gutters also divert stormwater away from your home's foundation. Stormwater can pool up around your home's foundation if you're behind on your gutter maintenance or other gutter services. Eventually, this will cause cracks, leaks, mold and mildew growth, foul odors, flooding, rotten wood, rust and corrosion, soil erosion, and other damage that significantly affects the structural integrity of your home.
Once the water has accumulated from runoff due to gutter problems, it can also cause basement flooding. You can prevent significant water damage and costly repairs by keeping up with gutter maintenance, cleaning, and repairs.
If your gutters aren't functioning properly and water is collecting on your roof, it can eventually leak into your attic. This increases your risk of mold and mildew growth, and water damage.
Well-maintained gutters divert stormwater runoff away from your home's foundation, lawn, and garden. If your gutters are clogged or damaged, water can flood and ruin your landscaping. It can even destroy your neighbor's lawn.
FAQs About Gutter Services & Gutter Maintenance
Many of our customers have questions about gutter services and maintenance, so we put together a FAQ list to answer the most common questions.
It depends on your region and climate. If your area has frequent storms or heavy winds, you should clean your gutters after every storm. Otherwise, you should inspect and clean your gutters seasonally.
You should walk around the exterior of your home and check the overall appearance and position of your gutter system, and then get on a ladder and do a more thorough, up-close inspection. Check for clogged or overflowing gutters, and make sure the gutter seams, fasteners, brackets, and bolts are intact. Look for signs of cracking, breaking, buckling, and separating. Check the downspouts and make sure they are pointed in the correct direction. Check your roof for signs of water pooling or water damage. Inspect your siding for signs of water damage.
It depends on the material your gutters are constructed from, the gutter style if you hire a gutter installation professional, and the weather and climate in your area. You can also extend the lifespan of your gutters by keeping up with routine gutter maintenance. Galvanized steel, stainless steel, and aluminum gutters can last up to 20 years. Copper and zinc gutters can last 50 years or even more. Depending on gutter maintenance and climate, vinyl gutters can last between 10-20 years.
Gutter guards are pieces of metal or plastic inserted into your gutters to protect them from debris and clogs. They allow rainwater to flow through but trap larger pieces of debris so they won’t go through the gutters and cause clogs, breaks, or sagging. Installing gutter guards can reduce your need for gutter maintenance and cleaning, reduce the risk of pest infestations, reduce the risk of ice dams and freezing, and cut down on biological growth.
If your gutters are old, damaged, poorly installed, or maintained, gutter replacement or installation can be less expensive than gutter repairs. Professional gutter installation and gutter maintenance can significantly extend the lifespan of your gutters. A professional can evaluate the age, condition, and extent of damage to your gutters to help you decide between gutter repairs and gutter replacement.
If you want the gutter installation to be done correctly the first time, you should hire a professional for gutter replacement. A professional can make sure that the correct style, type, and size gutter system is installed so that you preserve the condition and appearance of your home. If you attempt to do your gutter installation and fail, you risk damage to your home and a decreased property value. Certain types and styles of gutters require professional gutter installation: seamless gutters, custom fascia gutters, k-style gutters, and box-style gutters.
Watch for Signs You Need Gutter Replacement or Repair
If you know the signs you need gutter repair or replacement, you can avoid costly damage to your home. Maintaining your gutters will make them last longer and work better so that you won’t have to pay as much for gutter repairs over the years. Depending on your gutter style and material and whether you keep up with proper gutter maintenance, your gutters can last for decades. Here are some of the warning signs that you should contact us for professional gutter replacement or gutter repair:
- Your gutters are cracked, chipped, or broken
- Your gutters are sagging, buckling, or pulling away from the house
- You see signs of seam distress
- Your home’s exterior siding is peeling, cracking, or breaking
- You see signs of water damage on your home’s exterior, your roof, or your foundation
- There is mold or mildew growth near the gutters, on the roof, near the foundation, or on the exterior of your home
- There are signs of pest or animal infestation in your gutters or on your roof
- The wood around your home’s exterior is rotting, cracking, or breaking
- You keep paying for gutter repairs, yet you keep experiencing gutter problems
- You haven’t been keeping up with gutter maintenance
- You just moved into a new house or plan on selling your home soon
- There are pools of water on your roof or around your foundation
- You see water stains or black streaks down your siding or underneath your gutters
- The metal fixtures supporting the gutters, or the gutters themselves, are rusting or corroded
- You found fallen fasteners, nails, screws, or brackets underneath the gutters
- Your basement or attic is flooded
Explore Our Gutter Services & Process
When you call us for gutter services, you get a team of experts dedicated to inspecting gutter systems, evaluating their condition, and finding the best solutions for stormwater drainage and diversion. We are committed to working with honesty, integrity, and transparency. We first do a full in-home evaluation and consultation, where we fully inspect your home’s gutter system and check for signs of problems. We’ll then walk you through our findings and fully explain your options for gutter repair, gutter maintenance, gutter replacement, or new gutter installation. We want each customer to be able to make an informed decision about their gutter services. Here’s a look at the gutter services we offer and a brief overview of how our team of specialists performs them:
- Gutter Inspections – We do onsite and in-home gutter inspections to evaluate your existing gutter system’s condition, age, and operation. We will then thoroughly explain the results of our gutter inspection so you know what is going on and can make an informed decision about gutter services.
- Gutter Maintenance and Cleaning – We offer ongoing, routine, and seasonal gutter maintenance services. Our gutter maintenance services include gutter cleaning, inspections, testing, and minor gutter repairs.
- Gutter Repairs – We can inspect and repair small sections of gutters that are damaged and don’t necessitate a full gutter replacement or new gutter installation. We can repair broken seams, small holes, cracks, broken or missing hardware, and detached gutters.
- Gutter Replacement and Installation – If your gutter system is too damaged or old for repair, or if you’ve paid for gutter repairs so often that it just isn’t logical anymore, we’ll recommend gutter replacement or new gutter installation. We can either install a brand new style, type, or material of gutters or replace your gutters with the same type you currently have.
The Benefits of Professional Gutter Services
The main benefit of hiring our team for professional gutter services is that you won’t have to do them yourself. You won’t waste time or money buying equipment, learning how to use it, looking for signs of gutter problems, and determining how to complete gutter repairs. You won’t risk injury or property damage to your home, and you can rest assured that the job will be done correctly the first time. Our team offers exceptional customer service and wants to ensure that every customer fully understands the need for gutter maintenance and gutter repair services. Here’s a look at some other benefits of hiring a professional for gutter services:
- Save time and money
- Protect your home and property
- Prevent injury and accident
- Early detection of gutter problems
- Professional gutter repairs are done correctly the first time
- An expert’s opinion on whether gutter repair or gutter replacement will be more cost-effective
- Gutter installation will be done with precise attention to detail so gutters last longer, function correctly, and complement the appearance and aesthetics of the home
- Improve the curb appeal
- Increase your home’s resale value
- Prevent ice dams, roof rot, leaks, flooding, water damage, pest infestations, and mold/mildew growth
Contact Us to Schedule Gutter Maintenance in Montgomery, AL
Don’t risk your home’s safety and structural integrity by letting your gutters get clogged, damaged, or broken. If you’ve noticed problems with your gutters or want to schedule preventive gutter maintenance, we can send a team member straight to your home. We’ll evaluate the condition of your gutters and determine if you need gutter repair or gutter replacement. We can also complete professional gutter installation and install gutter guards. Just fill out our online contact form or call us to schedule an appointment for gutter services.